Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Years

Today May5th, 2011 is a day of rejoicing for me. My good looking sweet and patient husband and I have been married now for 38 years. 38 YEARS!.That is a long time in todays marriage rate.

We met on Halloween at a drive in movie, how you ask- well that is a story in itself. We had our first real date on the following Saturday night, 7days later, and we haven't been without each other since.

I feel he was an angel sent from above. He had a motorcycle and an old pickup. I had a 1966 Ford Falcon and a beautiful daughter. We then had each other and nothing else really mattered.

The day of our marriage was crazy. I made sure not to see him the whole day until I walked down the aisle. My brother John walked me down. I remember I really wasn't sure I wanted to go through with this. Not the marriage part, the wedding part.

I wore my sister Carroll's dress, (looked a bit like the new Princess Katherine dress with lace on top. It had about a million little buttons down the back and on each sleeve. It was beautiful.

I had a bouquet of daisies and pink roses and other wild flower type things. When I put them in the fridge at the church and went back to get them the daisies were frozen. Before the ceremony was over the little things were black.

I had a beautiful 3 tiered cake with pink daisy flowers and the best part was at the end of it aisle was this young, tall, dark haired (lots of it) brown eyed Prince Charming waiting for me.

As soon as I took his hand I knew ALL would be fine, it was better than fine, it was GREAT.

I have never wanted for anything. He has been the best of a father to our four daughters and the most loving husband any girl would want.

I know we are married for time and eternity, and to me I could not ask for anything else.

I hope all of you take a minute and count your blessings for the one you are married to, and I hope you all cherish each day. I know I try to not let the world interupt our happiness.

2 comments:

The Hammers said...

I count my blessings every day for you both. I also count my blessings for my sweet eternal husband. I am a lucky girl to have all I do. I love you guys and am so thankful that you made us a forever family.

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit...and Congratulations on something so important as this! Come say hi any time :D