Thursday, February 3, 2011

Clean the fridge for dinner

Feb. 3, 2011
The sun is shinig and it is upbove zero. Much different than yesterday. The first of the year I thought I would try and do a new reciep at least once a week. Now that could turn into a new resturant once a week. lol

Today let's clean the fridge and make a super dinner. I call this Chilaquiles. I have no idea what this is. It is a reciep from a cook book and I used what I had.

Here goes.

1 onion
1 stick celery
2 Tb spoons oil
Sweat these down till almost transparent
I had 5 tomatoes that were a bit soft so I put them in a blender and mushed them up
added to onions.
I had a cup of saugage that was left over so I added this
Also left over a cup of Black beans & corn mix.
2 Tsp Ground cummin
1/2 salt and pepper
1/2 cup of Salsa

After I added it all together, I put in a crock pot to stew. I plan on putting a bed of salad, the mix and then topping with tortilla chips and grated cheese.
Try it let me know what you did to change it to fit your fridge clean out.

No comments: