Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Soup of the Day

Today is Febuary 2, 2011
Stange day but will make the best of it, while most of the nation is covered in snow ice or just FREEZING tempuratues I thought I would try and make soup. I have been craving Olive Garden Style Chicken Gnocchi. I found a recipe and twicked it a bit. Here goes. Hope you try it and leave me your comment.

1/3 cube butter
1 Tb. garlic- I use jar
2 cans of chicken, water and all.I am in a hurry
1/3 cup flour
1/2 bag baby carrots
1 yellow squash- out of celrey
1 cup fresh spinach- chivanaded- roll and slice
1/2 onion
2 cups milk
1 can of evaporated milk- NOT sweetened condensed
2 Tb chicken buillon
Pepper to taste
1 roll of Biscuits- Like Pillsbury

Start with and use low heat. Melt butter and add garlic. Add chicken and flour. Stir well. This will become thick right away and thin out later. The reason I use the water on the chicken, it is flavor.

Run your veggies through the processor or chop kinda finely. I like mine to be the size of a tspoon. Add to chicken and garlic. Add milks, buillion, pepper. Continue with low heat.

Take your biscut and only use one, You will bake the remaining. Pull or cut into small cubes, VERY SMALL, they seem to grow in the hot liquid. Simmer for 1/2 hour stiring now and then. Serve in large bowl with sprinkle of Parmasean cheese and biscuit.

Please try and let me know how you like it. Or better yet stop by and try mine.

No comments: